Ok - I am just about on my way to another shift at my place of work. I know that a lot of what I post here is negative, but you must know: I do enjoy my job a lot of the time. The people I work with are amazing, fun and friendly. The managers are also fun. The hours are good - they let me work weeknights so I don't have to fill my weekends with work. And even a lot of the customers are lovely, but the majority of them either don't give a shit about me, or any people that I work with, or they are just plain rude for no particular reason. And these are the people I talk about here.
Just a short little update because I remembered a few more customer types that really grate on my nerves (but hey, what doesn't?):
PET PEEVE #4 - Silent and deadly
This is the customer that doesn't say anything unless they have to. Over a speaker box, this makes communication beyond difficult. It only just occurred to me that these people could possibly be nodding in response to my questions but... that is just beyond rational consideration so I'll leave that train of thought right there. My conversations with such people usually go like this:
Me: Hi! Place your order when you're ready thanks.
Customer: Burger meal.
Me: Ok. Would you like that meal large?
Customer: *silence*
Me: *wait 15 seconds* ... Was that with a coke today?
Customer: *silence*
Me: Ok so I have a large burger meal with a coke. Is that right sir?
Customer: *drives down to second window without saying anything*
SO FRUSTRATING. THOSE ARE QUESTIONS. ANSWER THEM.
Ugh. Only one pet peeve and now I have to drive to work. It is also raining. Tomorrow (or this evening) I will probably rant about shopping centres because I went to one today and it made me irate.
Toodleo.
Also -- My mother said to me today "you and your brother are the same. People-haters".
Pleasant.
On the other end of the spectrum, you have the over-talkers, the ones who tell you what they had for breakfast (this literally happens...)
ReplyDelete